INJURED WHILE RIDING A BIKE?We Can Help You Fight for Fair Compensation
brampton Bicycle Accident Lawyers
NEED SKILLED ADVOCACY? HURT IN brampton SERVICES CLIENTS THROUGHOUT THE GREATER brampton AREA.
As fuel costs rise and Canadians become more aware of the negative environmental impacts associated with motor vehicles, bicycles are becoming an increasingly common form of transportation, even on busy streets and highways. Because few cities have designated bike lanes, cyclists must share the road with both small and large motor vehicles. Sometimes, those vehicles do not pay proper attention to bike riders and engage in unsafe driving habits. If you or a loved one was hurt in a bike accident, a brampton bicycle accident lawyer from Hurt In brampton can help.
Other statistics paint the true picture of the dangers a cyclist faces on the road:
- Alcohol use was reported in over one-third of traffic crashes that caused bicyclist fatalities in 2013.
- Approximately 68% of pedalcyclist fatalities occur in urban areas.
- The average age of pedalcyclists killed is 41; the average age of injury is 31.
Compared to a car or truck driver, bikers have little to no protection if they are involved in an accident. As a result, the injuries a cyclist incurs during a crash, even wearing a helmet and protective gear, are much more severe than those sustained by motorists. Common injuries involved in bicycle accidents can include everything from road burn and fractures to traumatic brain injuries and neck injuries.
Bicycle accidents can occur for many different reasons, such as:
- Cars or trucks turning unexpectedly or change lanes without looking
- Parked car doors opening suddenly without motorists checking for passing cyclists
- Car and truck drivers failing to give cyclists the right of way
- Drivers cutting off cyclists
- Drivers engaging in reckless driving habits such as texting while driving or DUI
Am I Entitled to Compensation After a Bicycle-Related Injury?
Anyone who injures or kills a cyclist may be held liable for a wide variety of damages, including past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses, past and future lost earnings, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, loss of parental or spousal financial support, loss of spousal relations, property damage, incidental expenses, and various other expenses.
There are many other types of physical, economic, and sometimes even punitive damages that a responsible party may be liable for if he or she showed gross negligence or was a repeat offender. At Hurt In brampton, our bicycle accident attorneys have years of experience in handling cycling claims. We are prepared to aggressively pursue compensation for injuries suffered as the result of negligent motorists.
We’re Here for You!
Get In Touch Today!
We Demand Justice For Our Clients
Tell us about your case to receive a free consultation.